The Web Services team is losing a valuable member at the beginning of May as he leaves to begin full-time ministry as a Pastor of Discipleship for a church. This leaves a large hole in our 3-member team that needs to be filled. Cedarville is a great place to work–friendly employees, vibrant Christian community on campus, higher education-influenced paid holidays (e.g. many days!), and tuition remission for the employee’s children (great perk!). Our team works closely together and with others, especially in the Marketing and Communication division.
For those that are interested, or know someone who might be interested, the job posting is copied below. Begin your job application today!
Cedarville University is seeking to hire a Full-Stack Web Developer who will design, develop, deliver and maintain engaging, standards-based websites, web applications and mobile experiences. This is a full time (2080 annual hours), exempt position, that reports to the Director of Web Services.
- Develop standards-based HTML plans from comprehensive design images and content plans.
- Ensure that designs and implementations achieve a high level of:
- Conformance with industry standards
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Accessibility, including meeting current WCAG standards
- Cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility
- User experience (UX) functionality and acceptance
- Understand target audiences and use best practices to ensure the website is maximized as a tool for accomplishing University marketing goals
- Manipulate, and occasionally develop, graphics, logos, pictures or artwork for University websites.
- Address issues regarding content and appearance, bring relevant parties together for efficient discussion, and give insightful input into design and content choices.
- Help individual users solve web design and web-based application problems.
- Work with campus departments to keep web content up to date.
- Maintain a working knowledge of continuing changes in website development tools and techniques.
- Perform selected software installations.
- Conduct occasional training seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, graphic design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience layout out web pages inside of frameworks
- Proficiency in select Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Media Encoder)
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once with a minimum of supervision, while allocating time and resources to those projects that have highest priority
- Skills that apply to working professionally with a variety of people in a variety of work settings
- Proficiency in a server-side language (.NET, C#)
- Knowledge of database organization
- Experience using a web content management system
- Experience with audio and video streaming
Posted in: News